Spring Cleaning is basically the practice of thoroughly cleaning and organizing your house. It has its history but let’s get to the point. We’ll give you the bests spring cleaning tips to clean faster.
Start by choosing a playlist of your favorite starts and take some notes.
Table of Contents
Some tips before Spring cleaning:
There are plenty of cleaning tricks you can use. Here are 5 tips for a sparkling home you can also use.
- The Sock Duster. If you have an old spare sock lying around, that’s the one! You can wash it once used, that way you are also being eco-friendly.
Go ahead and slip that over your hand, almost like a puppet, and use it as a duster in your blinds. Blinds are normally forgotten, that way, you can have it finally super clean, extra easy and fast!
- The Toilet Brush. Once you are done scrubbing the toilet, instead of putting the brush back into the canister.
Where it can gain mold and other bacteria, you can do like the following image:
- The Coca Cola: This old trick most of you already know, but some of you don’t.
Pour a glass of coca cola into the toilet bowl, let it sit for several hours then flush it away.
- Lemon for bathroom: Another tip you can use in your bathroom is to rub a lemon to clean your faucets or different metal things in your bathroom.
Extra easy, squeeze the juice out and scrub it around. It will stay shiny and fresh smelling!
- Make a to-do list: It will help you to keep on track with all the things you want to accomplish.
Anything counts! From going through the things under your bed to organize your phone or computer. Spring cleaning is that time of the year.
Spring Cleaning step by step
1 – Declutter. Get rid of things that you haven’t used in a year. Clothes you don’t wear anymore. Things that are cluttering up your life, get rid of them! Donate clothes, toys, shoes to shelters in your area. Surely there is people that will appreciate it.
2 – Organize. Take for example your bathroom counter. We bet there is a ton of stuff on there that you don’t use on a regular basis. Save it somewhere else or get rid of it. Because just organize any surfaces, closets, cupboards, etc… Pick one do it move to the next one. Leave on the surface things that you use in a daily basis. Organization is key. It will feel so good after you are done!
3 – Cleaning. Since step one and two are accomplished, cleaning will be easier – helping you to a faster spring cleaning. Dusting, vacuuming, wiping, every surface in your place. Open your windows. Let the house breath. Prepare a pot pourri to improve the smell of your house.
Spring cleaning tips to clean faster
- Top to bottom, left to right approach (shelves, floors, clockwise, anti-clockwise)
- Have everything with you (all cleaning supplies in a caddy)
- Dwell time (let product sit/penetrate prior to wiping)
- Start gentle (use mild product first then harsh product if needed)
- The eye-level test (crouch down to eye-level with surfaces to detect missed debris/stains)
- The ‘S’ pattern (zigzag motion when wiping surfaces)
- Parallel & perpendicular (pattern for arranging items on surfaces)
If you are looking to give your home a top to bottom buffing, know that focusing on appliances, furnishings and carpeting will have you done in no time! This is because these areas are the major ones that need to be tackled for you to effectively finish your spring cleaning fast.
For starters, you will need to swat welcoming mats with a broom, shake and then wash them. The reason for that is because they are a frontline where track-in-dirt is concerned, so cleaning them thoroughly ensures that they will operate at peak efficacy.
Where clean carpets and upholstery are concerned, you will need to deep clean them mainly because they may have absorbed body oils, germs and dirt among other contaminants.
Start by practicing in an inconspicuous area. This ensures that the treatment or machine will not cause the dyes to run or discolour fabrics.
For floors, apply a wax sealer and the best method is to use a combination of wax and wash floor cleaner. An occasional makeover of wax floors will result in them always looking fresh and in addition to that, adding a protective buffer will enable them to last longer.
Some are only few spring cleaning tips to clean faster, go through our blog to learn more.
If you have an old vacuum, we recommend you to update it. It can be a bit expensive, but the price is worth it. It won’t be only much easier and fast, but also efficient.
Francis Cleaning LLC As House Cleaning Service
Spring cleaning can be done for you, of course. But maybe this year your agenda is tighter and you would really want to have the house fresh and clean.
Or maybe you want professional cleaners in Manassas to do it. That’s okay, we are happy to help.
Contact us for a free estimate. We match you with cleaning superstars who are the best of the best. Give it a try! We match you with cleaning superstars who are the best of the best.