Like most people, you probably have too many things on your daily To Do list; worrying about your Manassas commercial cleaning company shouldn’t be one of them.
Maybe you’re so used to managing your janitorial crew, you don’t know the real cost of a poorly performing Manassas commercial cleaning company. Besides draining your time and energy, a low-quality janitorial service can cost thousands of dollars a year in lost business, lost productivity and waste.
A more efficient and effective contract cleaning service will reduce employee and customer complaints while also saving time and money.
Recognizing five signs of a low-quality Manassas commercial cleaning company can help you know when to make a change.
Poor or inconsistent service quality is often the first sign that it’s time to replace your Manassas commercial cleaning company. While an occasionally missed task is understandable, continuous failures can lead to occupant health issues, poor public image, and a loss of business and productivity.
Signs of Service Issues
- One or more trash cans are routinely overlooked for emptying.
- Restroom and break room supplies are not properly stocked or refilled.
- Dirt and debris accumulate under desks, and on shelves and window sills.
- Account manager fails to monitor the crew’s performance and correct issues.
Poor communication with your Manassas commercial cleaning company can result in constant complaints from your customers and employees, which translates into lost productivity and revenue. A slow response to an urgent situation can even disrupt your business operations.
Signs of Potential Communication Issues
- Your Manassas commercial cleaning company hasn’t invested in essential business tools such as a website and associated email address, using Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo mail instead.
- Your business is not assigned a dedicated account manager who can respond quickly to an emergency or service issues.
- Slow or no response to your repeated phone and messages.
- Negative online reviews from former customers and employees.
POORLY MAINTAINED EQUIPMENT
Is the lowest commercial cleaning bid really the best value? Not if that price means the company uses outdated or poorly maintained janitorial equipment that lead to service and safety issues.
Signs of Potential Equipment Issues
- Frayed or duct-taped electrical cords.
- Water or cleaning solution leaking from equipment.
- Floors still look dirty after cleaning.
- Cleaning seems to take longer than it should.
Adequately screened and trained employees are more satisfied in their job resulting in cleaner buildings and happier customers. Conversely, a high turnover rate will affect service quality and consistency.
Signs of Staffing Issues
- Frequent crew changes.
- Missed service days.
- Late service starts.
- Inconsistent results.
You have literally handed the keys to your company over to a stranger. Your Manassas commercial cleaning company’s staff typically have access to every corner of your building when no one else is around. Do they take your building’s security seriously?
High employee turnover rates can also lead to security issues. Verifying a potential cleaning company’s security protocols and hiring practices must be at the top of your list of concerns.
Signs of Security Issues
- Doors left propped open
- Doors left unlocked
- Alarms not properly set
If you recognize one or more of these signs, it might be time to choose a new Manassas commercial cleaning company.
Francis Cleaning LLC of Manassas can help you consider all your needs and options before you make a move.
I would like to schedule biweekly cleaning starting on Monday April 18.